Everyday just flies by! Hope you enjoy some highlights...

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Update

I was so excited when the calendar changed to September. Luke will be here this month!! Although last week after my 37th week appointment I had "THE prego meltdown". I was hecka tired , I haven't been sleeping very good. When my Doctor came in the first thing she said was we need to schedule you for a C-Section. I was like, "WHAT" !

Here is the reason for a C-section: Because I had one with Melody they will NOT induce me because for the intensity of the contractions, since my uterus has already been cut the risk for breakage increases.

The nurse came in and gave me several dates to choose from, I chose the latest possible. Which the nurse said I was the first to choose the latest possible date;September 24th (8 days pass my due date). On that day they will check me to see if I have dilated to a 3 or more. IF I have dilated to a 3 or more, they will pop my water and see if I go into labor. I was dilated to a 1 with Melody at 42 weeks, so I was super bummed PLUS Dr checked me out and I was closed like a clam.

When Josh got home I lost it. I cried and cried... My "To Do" list is still long, I NEED a hair cut,heck I haven't even started on Luke's room, I'm uncomfortable...

Well here it is a week later. I am feeling MUCH better. I have been able to get some sleep. I painted and decorated Luke's room, once I put the curtains up I will post a picture. I chopped my hair off! Once I color it I will post a picture! At my 38th appointment today I was dilated to a 1! Soooo this week has been good!

It's funny to think that God already knows the day that Luke will be born and how he will make his enterance. I just need to be patient!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

hehe...that's funny you picked the latest date for the c-section, but I totally agree! That's great you are dialated to 1cm. I think with second babies, dialation goes quicker. I did with the 2nd one. I have some ideas for you if you are interested. Actually, I'll email it to you privately. It's what I did with TS.

Good luck with everything and I can't wiat to see pictures of your hair (aren't I a dork...you live a whole few houses away...)

Teresa

Anonymous said...

Well you didn't ask for any advice so you can of course "take it or leave it"--you can drink castor oil but you better have your bags packed and Josh better have the engine running because it does work! My sister tried it with her second child and it's a good thing she did because her son weighed 10 pounds. It tastes nasty she said. Anyway, with you already being dialated I think it's going to be soon. The second ones are faster. Praying for you! I'm just around the corner and I'll have my engine running if yo' mama aint' home! HA