Everyday just flies by! Hope you enjoy some highlights...

Monday, September 24, 2007

Labor and Delivery

Here is our room at the hospital. I started having contractions around 1:30am on the 20th. We checked into the hospital at 5:30am. I was having contractions about 5 minutes apart. When my doctor came in about 7:30am she check me and I was only dilated to a 2 BUT since I was in labor she said, "Let's go for the Vbac!" The Epidural line was place in me during the morning hour but because epidurals may slow or stop labor I didn't get my dose until the afternoon. I did get some Good stuff to help me in the mean time.
Around 1:30pm Luke's heart rate dropped. It scared us BIG time, this is the same thing that happened with Melody. The nurse was in my room, we changed positions. The heart rate went back to normal UNTIL around 3:45. The doctor came in and showed us several "dips" where Luke's heart rate dropped again. So I was wheeled in to the Operating Room for an ER C-Section. It went very fast. I did vomit on the OR floor! I asked for something and one of the Dr's in there said,"Just a Second" Whatever!
Luke was born at 4:19pm 8lb8oz. He came out perfect!

2 comments:

Leah said...

he is beautiful. Who do you think he looks like. I hope you are doing well. Glad that everything turned out ok. I went to the Dr. today and he checked me and I wasn't dialated yet hopefull i will go on or before my due date no later. we will see. Hope your family is enjoying him lots. Praying that Melody will not feel left out. That is what i worry about mostly with Audrey. Talk to you soon.

Unknown said...

yeah! you sound like a very happy mom. So glad all went well, and that he is here. scrolled down to some older posts. LOVED the hand print melody painted on your tummy! So What does Melody think of Luke? HOw long does Josh have off work? Enjoy your new little munchkin. love, stacy